How to design a CRM system
CRM system is a modern technology that allows you to control the process of relationships with customers. Product design agency offers CRM design services, which will help to create a unique software solution that meets the specifics of a particular business from scratch. If it is properly designed, the integrated CRM system is able to bring considerable profit. In some cases, entrepreneurs prefer to buy a ready-made product CRM UI design in order to save money. However, this will not help to achieve the desired result. Only a software solution designed for a particular company, taking into account the interest of its target audience, will bring good income.
The introduction of ux design services provides distinct advantages over competitors: the receipt of timely information, personalized approach will increase sales, the use of analytical data will reduce costs, and improve security control.
Working with users is much easier. When you make a call, the CRM system offers to open the user’s card, even if another specialist has worked with this customer before. The manager sees the client’s name and can promptly answer his questions. CRM controls sending an SMS message to the customer informing him of the order status and reminding him of an appointment. This saves considerable time in processing the order. As a result, the client is maximally tuned in to the purchase.
Table of Contents
Stages of the CRM design process
The specific actions a given company must take in order for a consumer to learn its brand and eventually become a loyal customer are called the CRM process. Professional UI / UX designers will provide comprehensive information on the CRM design. This process takes place in several stages: achievement of a potential customer, his attraction, conversion, methods of retention and loyalty to the brand.
The software is suitable for any business that offers services or is involved in sales. CRM UI design improves the efficiency of the sales department and the work of each specialist, without requiring an overwhelming financial investment. The activity of any manager is tracked and monitored by the system. Integration of CRM with a website and a call-center will show full-fledged correspondence and terms of processing requests. Applying the software, the company can plan the most profitable sales strategies.
Quality CRM UI design gives the company an understanding of what are the potential customers, how they interact with the company, provides information on the completion of orders, and more. A lot of information is collected and used for this purpose.
Before you start creating a CRM, you should decide some aspects:
- define the goals of achieving the CRM (program monitoring, prompt delivery of messages, collecting data from various sources, and so on);
- proper auditing (verification, analysis of the system);
- setting up in accordance with the requirements of the company;
- integration (ways of interaction with customers and employees);
- training of staff.
The introduction of the CRM system at the preparatory stage can cause some difficulties. Not all employees of the company are happy to learn new technologies. There may be a number of difficulties at the stage of preparation and implementation. To avoid dissatisfaction, it is recommended that the top level, as well as the rest of the employees get acquainted with the benefits of the product.
The CRM design consists of the following elements:
- customer accounting module;
- sales management module;
- analytics, report building;
- automation of business processes;
- integration with email, website and IP-telephony;
- task management;
- programming interface.
CRM UI design significantly improves the customer experience, facilitates internal communications, helps monitor employee efficiency, and so on.
Achieving a better customer experience with CRM design
A well-established CRM design system is not just a platform for saving customer data, but also a way to interact with them. Thanks to it, the company receives important information that affects the adoption of certain decisions. This action is carried out due to the possibility of collecting and analyzing data. Measurement and methods to improve the customer experience, interpretation of user reactions to a particular situation is achieved through analytics. Analytical CRM helps to predict the needs of customers. 73% of customers state that they have a tendency to change brands if a consistent service cannot be provided. It is recommended to conduct surveys to better understand the type of target audience. The resulting data is used for XC strategies. This process will be even more effective if the company keeps track of the ads that users respond to. This way you will have a better understanding of their preferences.
CRM systems allow to automatically issue invoices for payment, reminding of the call with the client. The load is equally distributed among managers. Interactions with users are recorded in the application. Generated statistical reports help to track the effectiveness of each employee.
CRM UI design stores a lot of important information. The software saves information about purchases, transactions made with a particular customer or organization with a particular manager. When a manager changes, you don’t have to waste time restoring the partnership. The new employee’s card is attached to the organization card for further cooperation.
CRM improvement: why to do it
When creating a corporate product such as a CRM design, designers pay attention to the stakeholders (customers) and actual users. As a rule, customers expect the following benefits of using the site:
- pleasant interface;
- easy navigation;
- a minimum of time spent on the action.
Usability of the site is a comfortable use of the product for users. This element affects the quality of the CRM design. The main function of usability is the attractiveness of the website for customers.
Original trading platform design will allow the company to significantly stand out among competitors. This helps to increase brand awareness and customer loyalty.
A created CRM website is perfectly capable of meeting the expectations of different company departments and easily adaptable in a changeable environment. CRM design should be comfortable for users, disposed to long-term cooperation. The main task of UX-designers is to carry out certain works in order to make the corporate product easy to use by customers.
In CRM it’s easy to manage the status of goods, to record promotions, discounts.
Where CRM design is used
CRM is used to integrate data between departments of a corporation. This requires the system to be flexible and to match the workflows that are unique to each company. An important element of applications is content. A large part of it is pre-designed reports, and email templates that are used by employees both within the company and with users. The templates need to match the nature of the business:
- Interaction tracking. This process is able to establish timely communication between the company and the customer or between employees. API interface is an important element of the CRM-system, which is used to set up the interaction with the corporate website, 1C accounting program, corporate programs, mobile and other applications (Telegram, Facebook, Instagram).
- Design CRM is used not only for sales, but also in service delivery, healthcare and so on. Marking must provide complete information about customer activity (demographic data, transaction histories, and so on). It is required to provide timely access to the necessary information that influences the decision-making process. The work of healthcare design agency designers is to exclude search engine errors, the proper functioning of key tags and timely updates of the content.
- Specific CRM dashboard design features are configured for user convenience, allowing employees to stay in touch all the time. This contributes to improving the quality of services in a global environment. Detailed information is provided at any time by chatbots, which helps to pay attention to each client and, accordingly, brings additional profits to the company.
- Customers have the opportunity to select the default home page. Using navigation, they can always return to it from any application. That is, there is a coordination of the user’s needs with the business priorities
A professional application gives the company complete information about the users. A customizable dashboard shows the history of customer interactions, order status, pending relationships, and more.
Investing in UX CRM design upgrades to improve the company's profitability
Introducing customers to your business is the first step in attracting them. To do this, demographics and preferences of the target audience are studied. Today, information is gathered through social networks, virtual surveys. It is recommended to hire product designer to create a perfect design for the company’s website.
Software CRM stores a lot of valuable information, it is able to give marketing departments a clear indication of the target audience, notes on the profitability of such sales. It is possible to use design CRM to set up a “live” chat or chatbot on the company website. With such a function, the potential client will not be left without attention, which, accordingly, positively affects the profit.
With a lead enrichment tool, attracting them will not be difficult. It is enough to have an email to disclose detailed information about the user to properly start communicating with him.
A quality CRM dashboard design not only helps to attract customers, but also to serve them professionally in a timely manner. In this way, the company’s reputation grows and clients become regular customers.
The CRM process helps you comprehend the life priorities of your users. Properly designed software will create a unique experience that will fill your service or sales cell with potential customers.
CRM design work is quite complex, the finished design must meet the requirements of various departments. The services of UX designers are to create a CRM dashboard design and make the product comfortable for company employees and users.
Steps to improve the CRM design
You should upgrade your CRM design to improve the site’s visibility, as well as attract more users. The first step is to review the content strategy, namely:
- Usability data. By analyzing the behavior of customers on your site, a company can determine what they prefer or dislike. By identifying critical UX issues, you can easily eliminate them. By collecting information about user preferences, it’s important to track the user’s entire way through the website. By upgrading your CRM UX design, you can take your site to a higher level.
- Eliminate potential distractions and shorten actions to make a purchase.
- To improve user experience metrics, it is recommended to implement multiple customer support options, implementation of a chatbot. Customers expect a prompt response to their questions, otherwise they will go to a competitor’s site.
- No matter what niche you work in, you need to understand that users will more often browse your site using mobile devices rather than laptops or PCs.
- So, it makes sense if you choose a CRM design that is focused on mobile devices.
If you start with a mobile version and then adapt it for larger screens, you will create a site that will be ideal for modern users.
Common mistakes in CRM UX design and how to eliminate them
Modern systems of customer relationship management (design CRM) are an important element in the daily activities of large corporations and start-up companies. When implementing or using the application, it is important to avoid the following mistakes:
- The main mistake in design CRM is the use of a ready-made product. Each system should be created for a particular company, only in this case you can count on a positive result and profit.
- One of the common mistakes in CRM UX design is the use of synonyms in the same interface. This makes it difficult to find the necessary information on the CRM dashboard design. To avoid confusion, it is recommended to create a table of terms in advance.
- Texts with errors will turn the user away from your website. When using a second language, you should enlist the services of professionals to compose a competent description.
- A large number of icons and functions will not make the user want to spend time searching for the necessary product or service. It is necessary to present only useful information to the client. This determines the desire of web-designers to minimalism.
If an error message appears on the site, you should offer the user recommended next steps. Uncomprehending navigation will scare away potential customers.
The software is considered to be the basis of business. It is a mistake to think that it is enough to just create a design CRM system to make a profit. If CRM is not properly applied or if you do not make enough effort to optimize the system, it can fail. Customer service, marketing and other departments will suffer. Business representatives are not happy with the result: the creation of a poor user experience will badly damage the reputation of the company. Consequently, customers dissatisfied with the level of service will go to the nearest competitor, which guarantees a better experience.
Today a significant percentage of companies with 10 or more employees use a CRM system. By paying enough time and attention to CRM, the corporation will have all the chances to increase its profits several times over, and therefore will be able to outperform its opponents with dignity. Make the right conclusions and contact us to get competent advice and quality services.