They were able to quickly grasp the product concept, and provide thoughtful and creative ideas to improve the design. The designers were very open to feedback from me and my team. If my company has any more design needs, we will definitely be coming back to this company.
at Playrix ©
For the first time, I needed to invest in design for a digital product. I interviewed many designers and found that the team of designers at Limeup were the most enthusiastic about my product and excited to give suggestions regarding features and interface design solutions.
Limeup is a great team to work with. They're always available and ready to help and are a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend them for your product design needs.
at Forus ©
Hire web designers
in 4 steps
1. Describe your needs
We start by gaining a deep understanding of your project's requirements and workflow. Then we'll work to bring together a team of web designers for hire who will work as a cohesive unit to bring your vision to life.
2. Review candidates
We observe potential employees to ensure that they have the outstanding technical skills and strong portfolio we require in our candidates. After screening them, we arrange a video interview for language proficiency and soft skills assessments.
3. Finalize your choice
We understand the importance of selecting web designers who'll fit your project. To help you make a decision, we schedule an interview where you can get to meet some of our designers and hire web designers that suit your current project perfectly.
4. Design your product
You will benefit from our design team's expertise and experience working with the best web designers for hire. You manage the project from start to finish while we handle admin matters and tasks.
Web design tools and technologies we use
Brainstorming and Ideation
User flows and wireframes
From prototype to product
How we differ
9/10 client satisfaction score
Our clients are the reason we get to do what we love. We make sure to build relationships that benefit both parties.
93% of senior & middle designers
Our team of professional designers can help you turn your business challenges into an eye-catching, cohesive product.
We’ve created a comprehensive risk-management system to ensure every possible scenario is considered and handled before it becomes an issue.
Hand-picked web designers
We select the best of the best web designers to be a part of our collaborative team and deliver well-designed, aesthetically pleasing, and functional products.
At Limeup, we value individuality and talent, and we encourage our employees to be passionate and genuinely involved in their work.
Our team has vast experience, a long history in the digital design field, and a proven track record that will help you succeed.
If you are looking for a perfect mix of business intuition and design expertise, your search is over. Hire product designer to turn your business idea into a well-crafted digital product.
Limeup can match you with senior UI/UX consultant in 24 hours or less. Together, we will transform your vision into expertly crafted digital products.
Great products are built by outstanding teams. Hire UI designers with vast experience designing interfaces that will impress customers and help tyou build a better business.
Our network of first-class UX designers is here to help you create better products. Find UX designers for hire, contribute to your product, and connect with the UX community.
Who is a web designer?
A web designer’s role is to design the layout and appearance of a website, which can involve creating or updating an existing site or working on a brand new product. A web designer for hire is not the same as a web developer, but there is frequently some crossover between these roles.
When looking for a web designer for hire, keep in mind the following responsibilities:
- creating user-friendly, intuitive, and attractive web products designs
- meeting with stakeholders to discuss requirements and/or project progress
- presenting your work and receiving feedback
- keeping up to date with recent software developments
- developing skills and knowledge of programming languages
- digital retouching and image editing
- working as part of a multidisciplinary team
What skills to look for when you hire web designers?
If you are wondering how to hire a web designer that will meet your project requirements, you have come to the right place. We have gathered a list of skills essential for an experienced web designer for hire.
Expertise in design principles
Design principles are guidelines for creating compelling, attractive designs. Good design doesn’t happen by accident, and it requires an understanding of the essential elements of design and thinking carefully about the choices made to create a strong composition.
Typography, color theory, composition
Basic concepts, like shaping the perception of design with color, font type, or composition, are the key design instruments. You want to hire web designers that have mastered these tools and can prove it via portfolio.
- Typography is a key element of any design that delivers information. A clear hierarchy can help the audience understand what’s going on in a piece of communication. Varying typestyles can provide additional meaning, and just as important, the right combination of styles can add an optimal visual experience.
- Color is used for both aesthetic and functional purposes and can influence the behavior of users. Designing with a color palette of complementary colors enhances the visual design.
- The composition serves both an aesthetic and functional purpose, balancing elements and grabbing customers’ attention.
User Experience (UX)
UX is all about understanding what motivates people to engage with a product. This can be anything from the color choice you make for your site or breaking up content into short chunks instead of huge blocks of text. At the end of the day, it’s about leading them to the information they want and making it easy to get there. Good work of a web designer for hire can motivate users to purchase, helping your business generate more revenue through online sales.
User Interface (UI)
At its core, UI design relies on aspects like user-centered design processes, rapid and iterative prototyping, visual representation of data and information, and usability testing. When you hire web designer, ensure he or she possesses strong skills to deliver UI that will make a user experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Before you hire web designer, you need to know they should be familiar with several design software programs, including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma, Sketch, Webflow, etc. Motion or After Effects knowledge enables designers to add motion to their work as a bonus.
Where and how to hire a web designer?
With an understanding of the skill-set necessary for the position of a web designer for hire, it would be easier to look through CVs and portfolios and hire web designer to spotlight your design team. Let’s go through some popular places where you can hire a web designer for your project.
Upwork is a global job search platform where you can find freelance representatives of the latest web development and design trends. Before starting the collaboration, you can arrange an interview, check the portfolio and review and then finally make a decision and can hire a web designer.
All web designers for hire present their projects at Behance, and you can find information about their work experience and achievements. So, you can evaluate those portfolios to determine which one looks like a professional who can perform your desired job.
Another way to hire web designer is to look at Dribbble. The site has plenty of user-created galleries with some of the best works produced by designers. So you’ll be able to find samples that you like, check who created them, and contact the specialists you want to work with.
Clutch is a platform for B2B hiring decisions where you can find web designers for hire sorted by objective testimonials, portfolio, client list, and many more.
Now that you know how to hire a web designer let’s consider the questions you need to ask both the candidates and yourself.
What to consider before you hire web designers?
After you question yourself about how to hire a web designer that is perfect for your company, you need to think through some possible pitfalls. Make sure you’ve considered a full range of various scenarios for expanding your team and proceed to choose a web designer for hire.
Define project requirements
It’s important to have a solid plan before deciding to hire web designers. An improper estimate of project size and content can unnecessarily complicate your site. There are many factors to consider when you look for a web design agency or freelancer — but planning ahead will help ease the process. You can save yourself time and stress by having your requirements lined up before choosing a web designer for hire to join your team.
Specify services needed
Ask potential web designers for hire or a digital design agency what services they specialize in. For larger projects—such as a complete redesign or a brand new build—you’ll want to look for a design, development, and integration partner that can handle both smaller and larger projects. This will help keep your team more organized and more efficient.
Set your budget
Before you dive into the pool of web designers for hire, it’s essential to consider the price tag and the long-term value. What kind of money are you able to set aside for this project? Consider both the upfront cost — fees for design work, programming, etc. — and the long-term value of whatever agency you select.
Ask the web design process
When you hire web designer, check the processes and experience to ensure you will get your project from start to finish smoothly and in a way that maximizes the potential for success. You want an agile, repeatable process that can be used every time so that you’re not put through a different set of hoops each time you work with a new designer.
Check case studies
The portfolio’s size, aesthetic, and scale of projects are excellent indicators of the agency or freelancer’s capabilities. Still, it is essential to realize that web designers for hire will be able to say they worked on more extensive and complex services than they have actually completed. With every website you build, things like in-depth functionality and high-level design elements (such as complex animations or other highly customizable or customized built-in effects) may not be necessary. Before you hire web designer, you should also ask to see examples of code used in achieving prototype designs and features – this gives you a better idea of how flexible any individual might be in adapting their skills to meet your unique needs.
Finding the right design partner is a challenging task that takes much time and effort. Hopefully, we have given you an idea of how to hire a web designer that will match your needs. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us.
What are the best ways to hire a web designer?
Hiring a web designer can be confusing and complicated. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of the alternatives you have so that you will not have to come back to the question of how to hire a web designer.
When you need to hire web designer, the first and easiest option is to find candidates at a platform for freelancers (some of them we enlisted before). All it takes is to create an account, advertise for the role, and dive into the pool of candidates. Let’s examine the fors and againsts of this employment method.
- Cost-effective. When you hire web designer via a freelance platform, you will most likely get qualified designers at reasonable prices. The reason is that freelancers generally come at a lower cost since they set their own hourly rates that are also flexible.
- Flexible schedules. Freelance designers are more flexible than agencies as they can choose their work hours. They may also be available to fix issues or even add or replace features whenever you need them (if discussed in advance)..
- Management issues. The more freelancers work for you, the more complicated it gets to manage them. Furthermore, freelancers tend to care less about the project than an agency or in-house web designers might. You may face the need to track your project’s advancement more thoroughly.
- Lack of commitment. A freelancer is a good option when you’re looking for additional services like bug fixes or if you simply need something done quickly. However, if you hire web designer as a long-term partner, they might be less committed to your company’s success.
- Lower capacity. As a single person, freelance designers can only perform a specific task they were hired for. You will need to look for a new employee for any additional services. On the contrary, a full-service design agency will be able to cover all your diverse needs.
In-house designers are officially employed by companies. Continue reading to find out the pros and cons of hiring in-house specialists.
- Involvement. When you hire web designer that is part of a company means you have a relationship with someone who will work hard for you. You can be sure that your web designer cares about the project because they have already invested time and resources in you. This can translate into top-notch work and a long-term relationship.
- Performance quality. In-house teams devote all their efforts to one project, so productivity is higher than with agencies or freelancers.
- Financial transparency. When hiring in-house designers, you know exactly how much you will have to spend regularly.
- Additional costs. If you are a startup deciding to hire web designer to join your internal team, it may cost. Hiring full-time designers with a fixed salary and other employment benefits implies spending money and time training and setting up an office or infrastructure.
When hiring a web design agency, you hire an organization with a team of expert designers ready to serve your needs. That being an obvious advantage, several more cannot be underestimated.
- Diversity. Agencies have multifunctional teams that can help you fulfill your various design requirements.
- Reduced costs. When you hire a design agency, you combine the costs of infrastructure, hiring, and designers’ hourly rates. Hence, you reduce design costs by up to 60%. With that, you can save a considerable amount of money by elevating your business.
- Focus on results. Agencies are focused on building long-term relationships with their clients. To receive excellent retention rates, they strive to deliver products and services that exceed their clients’ expectations.
- Large-size projects only. Agencies are not a great option for one-off projects. Unless you have a product to build from scratch or to redesign, you might want to consider freelancers or in-house employees.